This year’s FIFA World Cup takes place in Qatar between November 20th and 18th. Despite disrupting this year’s European game and becoming marred by controversy, the tournament will likely be another spectacle. It will be watched by billions of people all over the world.
A look at various commercial aspects of 2022’s FIFA World Cup, from sponsors to prize money, cost, and attendance figures for stadiums.
Who is the sponsor of this year’s FIFA World Cup 2022?
FIFA has number of sponsorship levels. It has FIFA Partners, FIFA World Cup sponsors, and Regional Sponsors. The FIFA governing body is adopting a new structure that has four levels. By dissociating the women’s and esports branches from the men’s division, FIFA hopes to increase overall sponsorship revenue.
At present, there are Seven FIFA Partners who have worldwide rights and can utilize FIFA’s logo at any tournament, as well as across the entire branch:
- Adidas (sportswear)
- Coca-Cola (beverage)
- Wanda Group (conglomerate)
- Hyundai/Kia Motors (automotive)
- Qatar Airways (airline)
- QatarEnergy (oil and gas)
- Visa (financial services)
FIFA World Cup Sponsors
The second group consists of World Cup Sponsors. They have worldwide rights; however, they are limited only to World Cup tournaments (in the preparation and in the game itself).
FIFA owns Seven World Cup Sponsors:
- Budweiser (alcoholic beverage and part of the Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Byju’s (educational technology)
- Crypto.com (cryptocurrency platform)
- Hisense (electronics & home appliances)
- McDonald’s (restaurants and real estate)
- Mengniu Dairy (dairy products)
- Vivo (consumer electronics)
In the current setup, FIFA has between six and eight slots available for each of FIFA Partners and World Cup Sponsors. Shortly, there will be an additional level between these two which gives rights to all tournaments that fall within the specific branch (the male, female, and Esports).
2022 FIFA World Cup also has Regional Sponsors. They have the same rights to the tournament but are limited by only one (or greater) out of five areas. FIFA can only have four organizations per region.
- GWC (supply chains solutions) | Africa and the Middle East
- Ooredoo (telecommunications) | Africa and the Middle East
- QNB Group (financial services) | Africa & Middle East
- The Look Company (visual engagement solutions) | North & Central America
- Frito-Lay (snack food) | North & Central America
- Algorand (blockchain) | North America & Europe
- Claro (telecommunications) Claro (telecommunications) South America
- Nubank (financial services) | South America
- UPL OpenAg (agrochemical) | South America
The World Cup of FIFA Qatar 2022 will be played in Qatar. It will be held beginning 20th November to 18th December 2022. This is the list of the top Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup sponsors.
The Football World Cup History sponsorship is among the most lucrative deals. In 2014, the finals of, Brazil produced four billion dollars. Budweiser, BYJU’S, Crypto.com, Hisense, McDonald’s, Mengniu, and Vivo are on the FIFA World Cup 2022 Sponsors list. The following list contains the sponsors of the most prestigious sporting event around the globe.